Even a minor automobile accident can be traumatic for those involved. The amount of damage to the vehicle does not necessarily correlate to the automobile accident injuries received. In some cases, serious injuries may not be apparent for several days. Common car accident injuries include:
- Brain injury and neurological damage
- Spine injury
- Neck injury and whiplash
- Lacerations and abrasions
Your health and wellness is our number one concern. We specialize in diagnosing and rehabilitating those who have experienced brain, neck, traumatic, or orthopedic injuries in recent vehicular accidents. Our patient-focused practice is ready to help you on your road to recovery.
Get the help you deserve today. Earlier detection of injuries can help you avoid future medical complications.
Get Medical Attention Immediately After Your Car Accident
Don’t assume that because you don’t feel hurt, you aren’t hurt. Our bodies can ignore symptoms of injury or we simply want to believe we are okay. Other injuries do not present themselves immediately and can grow worse with time.
In addition to the medical benefits of seeing a doctor immediately after an auto accident, there are also many issues surrounding insurance and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits.
- Coverage is voided if you do not seek treatment within 14 days of the accident
- Authorized treatment options include the ER, a primary care physician, or Florida Physical Medicine
- Active auto coverage can be yours, your spouse, or your blood relative
- Injured passengers may be eligible under the host vehicle’s coverage
Auto accident injuries are what our doctors specialize in. Our medical professionals are dedicated to diagnosing, treating, and rehabilitating any injuries you may have experienced.
Time is of the essence. In order to ensure the best possible recovery, seek medical care immediately following an accident.
Pedestrian or Bicyclist
Pedestrians and bicyclist are injured by vehicles at an alarming rate. If you or a loved one are involved in a car accident, you may still be eligible for PIP coverage even if you do not have your own active auto insurance policy. If you or a loved one experience any of the following symptoms, seek medical care immediately.
- Intense pain
- Headaches or dizziness
- Stiffness of the neck or shoulders
- Pain, numbness, or tingling in your arms or legs
- Dizziness, loss of balance, or nausea
- Sensitivity to light or sound
- A decreased focus or general mental fog
- Bleeding, bruising, or inability to use a limb
- Limited mobility
Even if you have been seen at the emergency room, we can help. Let our professionals work alongside you during this stressful time to provide support, guidance, and recovery options.
Auto accidents can change lives. Immediate medical attention can make a full and quick recovery a greater possibility.
The Road to Recovery
Each injury and recovery time is unique. Depending on your injuries and the severity, our professionals will determine a plan of rehabilitation and recovery. While some injuries will heal quickly, others may last a lifetime without intervention. Our office features:
- Same day or next day appointments
- Minimal wait times
- Patient focused practice
- No unnecessary tests
- Customized rehabilitation plans
- Exceptional care by qualified doctors
Injuries and pain from auto accidents can be stressful and confusing. At Florida Physical Medicine, our skilled professionals specialize in diagnosing, treating, and rehabilitating your injuries and helping you on your road to recovery.
Your recovery is not one-size-fits-all. Working with qualified doctors and specialists can greatly improve the pace of your recovery.